Monday, June 1, 2009

Peter Mattei as Don Giovanni


[Photo Ken Howard/Metropolitan Opera]

This photo of Peter Mattei with Erin Wall from The Met's recent Don Giovanni may be the hottest picture we've seen of the Swedish barihunk.

He isn't reprising the role anytime soon, but you can catch him in two other barihunk operas. He'll be performing Shishkov at The Met this November and then Billy Budd in Frankfurt in May 2010.

This site can be contacted at barihunks@gmail.com

Subscribe to Barihunks by Email
___________________________________________________

3 comments:

  1. Again, thanks for another picture of Peter Mattei. And I owe you an apology from my last comment re: Billy Budd. I checked Operabase and you're right. He is performing Billy Budd in Frankfurt in 2010. This will be his second outing; however, you may be disappointed. I don't think there are any bare-chested scenes. The photos I've seen have him in military school uniforms and pajamas. Still cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohaaaaeeeeee! (gd I hate that damn set and production, though...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love him. That last scene they show on Youtube from Billy Budd is the best acting I've ever seen him do. So beautiful in his voice. It will make you cry.

    ReplyDelete