Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Ageless Siberian Hunky



I recently saw Dmitri Hvorostovsky sing the title role of the father in Simon Boccanegra. He may have been the most gorgeous father figure in opera that I've ever seen. As he begins to play more and more mature characters including Scarpia, Di Luna and the older Russian princes and tsars, it's amazing that he still looks so beautiful.

Here his is singing Prince Igor's aria.

This site can be contacted at barihunks@gmail.com

Subscribe to Barihunks by Email
___________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Dima was the first "barihunk" I discovered. Then I was like: "hey, there ARE sexy opera singers around?" And now I'm practically hunting on them.

    But one of my favourite hotties is a tenor, Peter Hoffmann, who was super sexy (and shirtless) in the days of his youth. Just watch Chéreau's Walküre on dvd. Best Siegmund EVER.

    And Dima is the hottest Count di Luna. I mean, is Leonora BLIND?!

    ReplyDelete